Proudly partnered by Clem Jacob Hire
The secret’s finally out. First contact has been made! Join with other galactic beings on the streets of Waterford to welcome our new alien overlords at the Spraoi parade 2023. The truth is not out there, it’s here!
Join Spraoi and a cast of hundreds as the annual parade winds its way through the streets and quays of the city. Starting at Johnstown and finishing on The Quay, expect the unexpected. Spectacular floats, giant creatures, music and mayhem, the Spraoi Parade is the biggest outdoor spectacle event in Waterford.
Fireworks from the River Suir will follow at approx 22.30 to bring Spraoi 2023 to a dramatic close.
Spraoi Parade 2023 Information
- The parade will begin at Johnstown at 9.30pm, proceed down Parnell St and the Mall, then turn left onto the Quay, finishing at the Blue Crane
- There is absolutely no parking along the parade route. We encourage you to use public transport, or walk to the parade route, if possible
- The viewing area for those with disabilities and/or special needs will be located at the roundabout at the G.P.O. (bottom of Kiezer Street)
- In case of lost children please locate the nearest steward and they will assist you
- There are fixed ambulance points along the route, please ask a steward if required, and they will guide you to one
- A number of road closures will be in effect between Friday 4th of August and Monday 7th of August
Friday 4th – Monday 7th | 8am – 1am
- O’Connell Street
- Gladstone Street
Friday 4th – Monday 7th | 7pm- 1am
- The Mall
Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th | 12pm – 6pm
- Henrietta Street
Sunday 6th | 8.30pm – 10pm
Sunday 6th | 8.30pm – 10.30pm
- Parnell Street
Sunday 6th | 9pm. – 11.30pm
- Parade Quay
- Custom House Quay