To apply please send application incl. cover letter, description of proposed show, personnel CVs, photo’s, relevant links, etc. to: email@example.com Deadline: May 1st.
The Spraoi N.E.S.T. (New Emerging Street Talent) programme assists artists create and showcase new work. Since 2013 N.E.S.T. has provided Irish artists with a mentored and supportive environment to develop and showcase their work at Spraoi Festival. Spraoi’s partnership with ISACS enabled many shows to subsequently be performed at European festivals and residencies. With support of The Arts Council an expanded version of N.E.S.T. is planned in 2022.
It will offer artists a two-week residency at Spraoi Studios with an experienced street arts mentor to practically test and interrogate their presentation ideas. In addition to this residency N.E.S.T will also offer a three-day residency at Great Yarmouth U.K. in late May plus a summer 2022 touring programme of dates to: Surge Festival Scotland, Green Man Festival, Wales and Out There festival, Great Yarmouth.
- Present an idea for a new small-scale street performance/theatre piece.
- A total of three performers can be supported. (Solo, duet or trio may apply.)
- The piece must be suitable for performance in urban and greenfield spaces and be ground-based.
- Performers must be available for UK residency between 30th May and 2nd June
- To be available for further mentorship and creation process at Spraoi Studios: (Dates June/July to be agreed with participating artists.)
- To be available for UK festival dates:
29th to 31st July (Spraoi, Ireland and Surge Festival),
18th to 21st August (Green Man, Wales)
16th to 18th Sept (Out There, England)
What is offered:
- Great Yarmouth U.K. – 3 days (end May). Mentoring/travel/accommodation/per-diem.
- Professional mentoring at Spraoi Studios – 2 weeks (June/July TBC), with €1,200 fee per artist, plus accommodation, plus travel.
- Performances at Spraoi, SURGE, Green Man and Out There festivals as-per schedule above with travel, accommodation and €120/£100 per-day per-artist fee at all four festivals.
All the information: www.spraoi.com